Spirituality is something that is
deeply ingrained in every living person, whether it be full of life or utterly nonexistent.
Each person has their own spiritual path be it Hinduism, Shintoism, Buddhism, Satanism,
Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Taoism, Paganism, etc… Some people also have no
spiritual path or preference at all and this is perfectly acceptable too.
So many, if not all, of the major
religions, have some traits in common and when thinking of religions it is
always best to focus on their similarities than their differences, as it causes
one to be more accepting and tolerant of that religion which is so seemingly
different form his or her own beliefs.
Now, when speaking of religion and
spirituality, it is always a good idea to remember that they- though compatible
and sometimes inseparable, are not the same thing- not exactly. A person can be
religious and not spiritual just as one can be spiritual and not religious.
When it comes to these terms and others to describe a person’s belief system we
must remember that everyone has their own path to follow and it is not our
place to judge it. Though cults can take the form of religions they are not the
same thing either and it is not wise to confuse the two, nor does it do a
service to those who practice the beliefs in question.
I know Satanists get a lot of bad
media, but they are no different than Christians. Each has good moral grounds,
each has spots that need working on. I myself am Pagan. People come in all
sizes, features, personalities- so why should our spiritual practices or lack
thereof be any different?
I am Pagan, but a very eccentric one (more of a pantheistic polytheist, if you want to be precise).
I draw my beliefs from many religious and lack thereof. Two of my favorite
people in history were Buddha and Gandhi. They teach my soul such lessons and
bring me such peace. They sing the wisdom of my heart and say the words of my philosophy.
Myself and my spirituality are not likely to ever part ways- no matter which
path I take or where I end up- my spiritual journey will always be there
guiding me. I embrace the darkness. I embrace the light. I embrace the good,
the bad, the things others may not want to see- I explore my soul and I embrace
tolerance, individuality, and acceptance of all people no matter race, gender,
sexual orientation, spirituality, etc…
Remember to follow the voice of your
heart in all you do. Follow the voice of truth, harmony, wisdom, love and peace.
These are the ingredients to happiness and understanding. If you are silent, it
does not mean you are weak. It means you are strong enough to rise above it,
strong enough to follow your heart. Strong enough to follow the way of love,
even when that way is not the easiest. We’ll fall often- no one is perfect. But
the point is to try. Understanding, tolerance, and peace within ourselves can
show us how to live and make us truly happy.

Beautiful post, with which I mainly agree. All sects go through a cultic phase and many try to go through it without bloodshed, like the Sufi. However, if we consider Sufi Ïnayatullah, we see downtrodden farmers form a labor union that was ill-received and forced into defense. But Jehovah's Witnesses and Satanists seemed to have accomplished it without incident. My researches show those sects intent on understanding nature as the language of the universe have done best. I think that would include Panscychic systems such as yours and mine. I decided the universe was intelligent a long time ago, that there is one religion and it is all of them. I'm an old man now but still believe that.
ReplyDeleteI do not know anything about the Sufi Ïnayatullah, but I am now very curious about them. I agree that all religions can be seen as one. -Midi
DeleteI think it's very important that we march to the beat of our own drummer. Spirituality is not about following dogma. It's about being true to oneself. Many paths can take you to the same place.
ReplyDeleteVery good article!
Thank you, Nightwind. I agree, it is about being true to yourself and hopefully who you are is a reflection of a beautiful soul. -Midi
ReplyDelete