Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Power of Thought or Simple Coincidence?



           


     A conversation with my dear friend, Nightwind, spurred this post. It was on the power of thought and separating coincidence from the force of the mind. 

             




                I hold a belief that we create our own realities based on what we think, what we feel, and how we view things. Buddha says it best with the quote “Everything we are is the result of what we have thought. What we think, we become.” Our thoughts are naught by energy our mind creates that alters the physical world to reflect these unspoken energies. 

               So what is coincidence and does such a thing exist? I’m not quite sure how to answer these questions. A coincidence would be, for lack of a better way to put it-two or more things that happen which do not relate to the other. 

               For example- you think of a song and few minutes later- the song comes on. Is this coincidence or the power of thought in action (or even some sort of extrasensory perception)? 

               Energy can be like a radar- a frequency. Our signals touch things, bounce off of them, and their signals back to us.  All things have energy, so it would not be far-fetched to say that just as our energy sends and receives signals, so too can we receive signals from others. Is this a form of telepathy that transcends our comprehension? Maybe. 

               So, do coincidences really occur- or are all things one large jig-saw puzzle and all pieces have a place? Or a domino effect where every action (or thought) has a reaction? I’m not sure. I suppose it is up for each person to figure out on their own. 

               For me, I do not view anything in life as being an accident or coincidence. Everything happens for a reason and it is up to us to figure out what that reason is and learn from it. 

 So, dear reader- I leave it to you: 
 Pro-Coincidence or No-Coincidence? 
Why?


2 comments:

  1. In quantum mechanics, mutually acausal events occurring at the same time, are a necessary part of reality --without them you don't get happy accidents like suns catching fire, planets forming or life. Dirac called it synchronicity, but coincidence is close enough. Good thought-piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we discussed privately, I do believe that synchronicity occurs and that very often, events that seem to be coincidental are no accident. Still, I do believe that accidents happen and coincidences occur. The challenge is to figure out which it is when something happens.

    ReplyDelete

My Dark Delights